Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Stash Quest

In my quest to finish cross stitch already in the works, I got working on a design by Need'l Love called Shaker Town which I started many moons ago. There's not very much to go (just the details on the houses and a few little areas). I am working with matte cotton which creates lovely stitches well suited for a prairie style design like this.

Another love of mine are the E-Z Stitch scroll frames from The Stitchery. A friend of mine who lives on the west coast developed them way back when we were much younger (but just as feisty). I can't remember a time when I used anything else for cross stitch. I love the furniture finish on the frames and that I can use them in a lap/table stand like this or in my floor stand. I have all the sizes now! The tension is wonderful and they are so easy to stitch on whether I am on the couch or outside on a lawn chair in the summer.

Ahhh, summer. It is coming, isn't it? While we have been deluged with rain for days and days, Easter weekend promises sunshine and temps in the high 70's! I am so looking forward to it. I'll be the one doing the happy dance in the front yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment